Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Party Plan

Jack-o-laternImage via Wikipedia

Well tomorrow is my youngest son's first birthday. We plan on having a Halloween party to celebrate his birthday on October 31st and we plan on going Trick-or-Treating as a group with our party guests. Now this is where it gets a little tricky. The last few years for my family have been very different, my family throws really good parties on a brown bag budget. It seems as though each party is an attempt to outdo the last one. No one is jealous or upset about it, the consensus is pretty much that we can't wait for the next party. Everyone wants to see what we'll come up with next.

We have decided to have a carnival theme. Of course everyone must come dressed in a costume since we'll go Trick-or-Treating together after the party. We have games that the kids will play to win a prize. All of my prizes I got on sale for 40% off at Party Boy. There is a 40% off Halloween items in the ballroom that in the back of the parking lot. I got plenty of Halloween themed plastic crazy straw cups for the little kids, and rubber rats and skulls for the bigger kids.


I've designated "spots" in the back yard for the activities. Each person will get a small gift bag of candies, toys and ten tickets. You can buy a spool of tickets at Party Boy, I should be able to use them at another party. My daughter the "artist" (but will be dressed as a pirate) will offer face painting for 2 tickets. She took a nice cardboard square and some paint, and painted a nice selection of Halloween themed pictures for the kids to choose from. My eldest son (the banana) will be in charge of the ring toss and the can table (knock the cans off of the table to win a prize), these will cost 5 tickets each.  My husband the vampire will be in the miniature pumpkin patch were the kids will pay with 4 tickets to try to choose matching pumpkins that have the same color painted on the bottoms.


I am going to be dressed as a witch, and I found a really scary looking cauldron that I'm going to use to hold all of the prizes and any extra tickets that the kids will need. We do plan on having the traditional birthday cake with a Halloween twist, and of course we will have a Halloween themed pinata. It isn't a party in my family without a pinata.


Now it will be more cost effective for me to shop for next year's Halloween party when this season comes to an end. For the most part, I've gotten all of my Halloween decorations, candy and prizes on sale. The cans and the bottles for the games, came right out of the recycle bin. The paint, school supplies I already bought during the summer, when I went back-to-school shopping.  So no rented equipment or clowns for me. I'm blessed to have a family that will work for free!


Happy Halloween Everyone!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...