Sunday, November 14, 2010

1 Week Down, 5 To Go!

Grown Ups Enjoy Reading, Also.Image by New York Public Library via Flickr

I'm one week closer to being a SAHM! I had a good week last week, I talked to some other people that I work with, and they think it is a good thing for me. I'm still a little nervous, but I'm really looking forward to it now.  I truly am going to focus on helping my son raise money for his senior class activities, and my daughter and I are looking forward to our walks to and from school. The baby seems like he is ready to be potty-trained (he takes his own diaper off when it is soiled). This will keep me busy until the end of the school year.

I've also been very fortunate to find other "bloggers" out there that can help with this transition. I found another blogger named Darice Rene who described how overwhelmed I've been feeling to a tee! It has been a struggle in the morning since the baby gets up at the same time I do; no matter how hard I try to get up earlier than he does. I can't tell you how many afternoons I've been thinking of my 2 hour commute that ends with washing diapers. Fortunately for me my husband has been on diaper duty for me. Whew!

Since I've subscribed to Money Saving Mom, I've found other blogs that have been very interesting and informative. This has probably been the most motivational site, since she has become debt free and has several tips to help you do the same. Through her site I've found Crockpot 365  she is a phenomenon when it comes to crock pot cooking. I was so impressed with what she can do with her crock pot that now this is going to be my next project. I have a crock pot that gets very little use. I don't have time to prepare in the morning, and the times that I've prepared it in advance, I forgot to turn it on! Now that I'll have undivided attention to give to my home, I'm going to put that crock pot to work! There are several recipes that I want to try and there are several I can freeze. This is going to be a lifesaver for me since I'm going to have days that I'll want to spend away from home. I strongly suggest that if you have a crock pot, you take a look at her site. it will be time well spent. I pledge to never forget to turn my crock pot on again!

I want to thank all of the blogging moms out there, you have been a Godsend to me. I hope that you realize how much power is in your words.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...